Associate Professor Jackie Ho
MBBS, FRCS (Edin), FCS (HK), FHKAM (Gen. Surg)
Consultant Department of Cardiac, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, NUHCS
Director Endovascular Therapy, Vascular Surgery Division, CTVS, NUHCS
Associate Professor Department of Surgery, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS
Associate Professor Jackie Ho Pei is currently a Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon with the Department of Cardiac, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery in National University Heart Centre, Singapore.
Her academic interest is focused on arterial occlusive disease and aneurysm, especially endovascular treatment for these pathologies.
A/Prof Jackie Ho graduated from the University of Hong Kong (MB, BS) in 1995 with Distinction in Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Pharmacology and Microbiology. She received training in both open surgery and endovascular intervention for Vascular Surgery in Queen Mary Hospital, University of Hong Kong Medical Centre, and became a specialist in 2002. She was a visiting scholar and clinical instructor to the Stanford University, Palo Alto from September 2006 to March 2007. She joined NUHS in July 2007. She was awarded the International Scholarship given by the US Society for Vascular Surgery in year 2010 for her outstanding clinical and academic achievements. She is currently the Director Endovascular Therapy for the division.
She is a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, College of Surgeons of Hong Kong and, a member of the Western Vascular Society (USA) and the Asian Surgical Association
A/Prof Ho has extensive experience in
Endovascular intervention and open bypass surgery for lower limb arterial occlusive disease to improve walking ability and prevent limb loss.
Open surgery, endovascular stent-grafting and hybrid procedure for aortic aneurysm and aortic dissection.
- Open endarterectomy and endovascular stenting for carotid artery stenosis to prevent stroke.
- Open surgery, endovenous obliteration (Radiofrequency ablation or Laser), and sclerotherapy treatment for varicose vein.
Creation of vascular access for haemodialysis, and endovascular intervention for failing dialysis access.
Management of deep vein thrombosis.
Care for diabetic foot problem and chronic lower limb ulcers.
Revascularisation for acute arterial blockage of the limb or visceral vessels due to embolism.
Thoracoscopic sympathectomy for the treatment of hyperhidrosis and extremities ischaemia related to vasculitis.
- A study of surgeons’ postural muscle activity during open, laparoscopic, and endovascular surgery. GP Szeto, Pei Ho, AC Ting, JT Poon, RC Tsang, SW Cheng. Surgical Endoscopy 2010; 24(7): p1712-1721.
- Noncardiac surgery following percutaneous coronary intervention. CL Poh, Pei Ho, CH Lee. Interventional Cardiology. 2010 Dec, 2 (6): p41-850.
- Investigation of hemodynamics in the development of dissecting aneurysm within patient-specific dissecting aneurismal aortas using computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulations. KM Tse, P Chiu, HP Lee, Pei Ho. Journal of Biomechanics 2011 Mar, 44(5): p827-36
- Outcomes of Endovascular Intervention for Salvage of Failing Haemodialysis Access. TLX Tan, KK May, Pei Ho. Annals of Vascular Diseases 2011 Volume 4, No 2, p87-92
- Surgeon’s static posture and movement repetitions in open and laparoscopic surgery. GP Szeto, SW Cheng, JT Poon, AC Ting, RC Tsang, Pei Ho. J Surg Res 2012 Feb, 172(1): e19-31
- Comparative outcomes of primary autogenous fistulas in elderly, multiethnic Asian hemodialysis patients. CJ Renaud, Pei Ho, EJC Lee, PA Robless, A Vathsala. Journal of Vascular Surgery 2012 Aug;56(2):433-9
- A computational fluid dynamics study on geometrical influence of aorta on hemodynamics. KM Tse, R Chang, HP Lee, SP Lim, SK Venkatesh, Pei Ho. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 2013; 43(4): 829-38
- Role of Revascularization in Management of Diabetic Foot Problems. The Diabetic Foot. Pei Ho. World Scientific, ISBN 13 978-981-4417-00-6
- Reliability of ultrasound Duplex for detection of hemodynamically significant stenosis inhemodialysis Access. AV Raju, KK May, MH Zaw, CC Canlas, MH Seah, CM Serrano, M Hartman, Pei Ho. Annals of Vascular Disease 2013, Vol 6(1): 57-61
- A Novel Carotid Covered Stent Design: In Vitro Evaluation of Performance and Inﬂuence on the Blood Flow Regime at the Carotid Artery Bifurcation. Annals of Biomedical Engineering (Accepted, pending publication) F. Kabinejadian, F Cui, Z Zhang, Pei Ho, HL Leo.
For more publications, click here.
Back to Top