Assistant Professor Yeo Tee Joo is presently a Consultant with the Department of Cardiology at the National University Heart Centre, Singapore and heads its Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation unit. He graduated from Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore in 2004 with MBBS and obtained MRCP (UK) and MMED (Int Med) in 2009. In 2013, he received specialist accreditation in Cardiology, and was also certified as a Clinical Exercise Specialist by the American College of Sports Medicine.
Asst. Prof. Yeo was awarded the MOH Training Scholarship to complete subspecialty fellowships in Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation at the Toronto Rehabilitation Institute from 2014 to 2015, and Sports Cardiology at St George's University of London from 2015 to 2016. He is also passionate in research, obtaining a Master of Clinical Investigation (MCI) from NUS in 2015. With his training, Asst. Prof. Yeo hopes to improve the uptake of Cardiac Rehabilitation, as well as raise the profile of Sports Cardiology in Singapore and potentially the region.
1. Ministry of Health Training Scholarship (2013)
2. Ministry of Health Healthcare Research Scholarship (2014) - for Master of Clinical Investigator (MCI) Course
3. Master of Clinical Investigator Research Fund (2014) - $20,000
4. Hospital Management Asia 2013 Patient Safety Category (Improving Communication Through Structured Clinical Handover Process To Ensure Patient Safety) - Gold Award
5. NUHS Way Quality Improvement Project / Rapid Improvement Event Awards (Outstanding Award - 2009; Merit Awards 2010 and 2014)